- 1:What color(s) are you socks?
- Grey with blue, green, yellow and pink dinosaurs
- 2:What book are you currently reading?
- The Celestine Prophecy
- 3:What’s the weather like right now?
- Sunny but cold
- 4:Were you named after anyone?
- 5:Bullet your whole day so far.
- Breakfast at Greggs
- Voluntary at hosp
- Bus home
- Home – eat
- Uni work
- 6:Do you play any instruments?
- Violin & harmonium
- 7:What is your religion?
- 8:Do you believe in love at first sight?
- It depends
- 9:Sate 5 facts about yourself.
- Look at ’25 facts about me’ post
- 10:Do you think you’d make a good parent?
- Yea, i hope so
- 11:Would you ever consider adopting kids?
- 12:Do you have a good relationship with your siblings?
- 13:Do you have a good relationship with your parents?
- 14:What was the last cd you bought?
- Wow, umm maybe leona lewis’s first cd?
- 15:Do you own any vinyl records?
- No, but my mum did
- 16:How many songs do you have on your ipod/music device?
- 400 and something
- 17:Do you have/want any tattoos?
- I want but currently do not have
- 18:How many piercings do you have?
- 19:Can you sing?
- 20:Do you consider yourself a good student?
- 21:What was the worst trouble you’ve ever gotten into?
- I had my phone out, it got taken away until the end of the day – rebel
- 22:What’s a favorite movie someone else introduced you to?
- Divergent was pretty good
- 23:Do you know anyone your age who’s had a kid already?
- Old school peer/acquaintance, and she’s had 2
- 24:Do you like where you live? Where would you move?
- Love where i live
- 25:Are you more similar or different to your best friend?
- Very similar
- 26:How long is your hair?
- 27:What was the last thing you drew?
- Designed a dress on a mannequin (all drawn)
- 28:Are you the type to make lists?
- 29:What’s your morning routine like?
- Out of bed, shower, wash face, brush teeth, moisturise, clothes, bag, downstairs, eat…
- 30:Were you involved in sports in school?
- HAHAHAA no, mm maybe netball at one point..
- 31:Who is/was your favorite teacher?
- Mr Aylett was fit but i think i would say Miss Williams
- 32:Did you ever have to wear braces?
- 33:What are things you do when you’re nervous?
- Shake, chew lip, go cold,
- 34:Do you like going out to eat?
Okay okay…I know I’m late to the game but… DOWNTON ABBEY ANYONE?!
It has now been 6 days and I have finished the first two seasons and each episode is over an hour long. Oh dear. What has my life become? It just has such good lines despite the little plot ideas like “who stole the lord’s snuffbox?!” although they still make me chuckle.
To pay respect to my new found favourite tv show I thought I would accumulate all of the best lines from the show from my favourite character, Countess Violet, so far to make up for my lateness in loving it and to try and make other people downton-ites
“What is a weekend?”
[In reference to the telephone] “Is this an instrument of communication or torture?”
“Things are different in America, they live in Wig Wams.”
“Last night! He looked so well. Of course it would happen to a foreigner. No Englishman would dream of dying in someone else’s house.”
“I was right about my maid. She’s leaving – to get married! How could she be so selfish?”
“First electricity, now telephones. Sometimes I feel as if I’m living in an H.G. Wells novel.”
“We’ll have to take her abroad, in these moments you can usually find an Italian who’s not too picky.”
“I don’t dislike him, I just don’t like him. Which is quite different.”
“Wasn’t there a masked ball in Paris when cholera broke out? Half the guests were dead before they left the ballroom.”
Sir Richard: “I’m leaving in the morning Lady Grantham. I doubt we’ll meet again.”
Countess Violet: “Do you promise?”
All quotes and images from: http://downtonabbeyonline.com/countess-dowager-violet-grantham-quotes/
So I went through my bin and found a few empty bottles. Some are all time favs and some will never be seen again. I love watching empties videos on YouTube because you find out what was really good, but also what didn’t really work out. So here’s my take…
Sanex – Hypoallergenic body wash
I bought this thinking it would be really gentle and easy on the skin, no harsh smells or chemicals but it wasn’t really what I expected. The smell was nice and non invasive, but the product didn’t foam up a lot and I felt like more of it was needed to feel clean… also because of this reason, I got through if fairly quickly. Will not repurchase this…
Soap and Glory – Sugar Crush body wash
Amazing! At first I was hesitant whether to buy this because it was expensive compared to other body washes but I’m so glad I did because it was so good. 3 pumps and I was clean, didn’t need a lot and it lasted a long time which really made me feel like I got my moneys worth. Smells like lime and brown sugar, so good and refreshing! Will definitely be repurchasing
Carmex – Pomegranate stick
Best thing ever! Carmex on a stick, I love it, the concept, the smell, the product. Have already repurchased!
La Roche Posay – Effaclar Duo+
This is probably the forth or fifth tube that I’ve gotten through. I would go as far as to call it one of my Holy Grail products. For me, I find it’s really good at clearing my face, keeping it clear and reducing scaring. Although I will admit there are times when I still get breakouts but I’ve accepted the fact that I am growing and that I have oily skin so I may get a few… But it helps me get through the tough times
The Body Shop – Tea Tree Toner
This was in my cupboard and I thought, ahh I better use this.. And so I did! Why did I ever stop using it? When I use toners I never really see drastic differences on my face immediately or even sometimes after months of using it. But when I use it I mentally know that my face is so much cleaner and I can see the dirt coming off my face when I use it with a cotton round. Makes all the difference. The smell is freshening and brings back memories of when my sisters would use it. Love! Definably will repurchase.
Aussie – Luscious Long Shampoo
Aussie’s volume shampoo is the one that I usually tend to gravitate towards however when I went to Sainsbury’s they were out of stock. So I thought id try out the long shampoo as I usually get the long conditioner to go with the volume shampoo. It does the job but it doesn’t really do anything to my hair. The volume one gives volume; the moisture one gives moisture but the long one? I think I would only repurchase this if the volume one, or anything similar, wasn’t there.
Last weekend I travelled to see my boyfriend (and happily I can now call them our friend’s gosh how couple-y) and I discovered a few tips to doing make up on a train. Here are my few little tips if you are ever travelling on a train and have shove stuff on your face early in the morning to look half decent.
#1 Ignore the people around you; would you rather look pretty for the people who you will spend hours with or be the object of curiosity for a few minutes to strangers on the train
#2 Decide what you are going to do the night before; its very easy to just follow instructions in the back of your brain instead of mixing up eye shadow colours and looking like a zombie with green eyes
#3 Put your make up bag at the top of you bag; therefore to avoid emptying out all of your stuff on the person next to you
#4 Take doubles; the glow pot from topshop (blog to follow about its awesomeness) works as an eye shadow, highlighter and something to add to your lips. Saves so much space.
#5 Less is More; take a small make up bag with only your options for that look to avoid mess, disaster and clutter on your small little train table
If you were wondering what I actually put on my face here it is;
Primer – Rimmel London Baby Face
Power – The Collection Lasting Perfection
Concealer – Benefit’s erase paste
Blusher – Revlon Baby Stick for Lips and Cheeks
Eye Shadow(s) – Bare Minerals its a light sparkly colour and a bronze coloured eye shadow that I have no idea where it is from appologies!
Mascara(s)- Seventeen Superlash Mascara and Clinique High Impact Mascara
Eyeshadow(s)- Seventeen Kohl Deep Black, The Collection in Vanilla Sky and Vintage Blush (I did treat myself in the eye department I admit)
Another Zara Purchase – £59.99
I had been looking for this for almost a month after I had worn it in the picture above, it was so comfy and cute and ahhh amazing!
I reassured myself over the price because I know I will get so much wear out of it, its super warm and just adds perfection to an outfit. There was a phase where lots of people bought leather jackets, but I didn’t jump on the band wagon very early because I felt like I needed to find the perfect one.
And this is it :)
Yeah I’m a copy cat Chum. I can deal with that.
1. I don’t think I have a favourite number
2. I really want to read the Fault in our stars and I’m appalled I haven’t read it just yet (Sorry John Green)
3. I don’t think I can take the emotional breakdown if I read the Fault in our Stars (Sorry John Green)
4. Obsessed with Orange juice atm
5. Chocolate is a girls best friend
6. Highlighting is my life
7. I have watched every Friends and The Big Bang Theory episodes
8. Over the summer I worked in a school uniform shop
9. I have spent over an hour and a half on hold to Eon
10. Never miss the Great British Bake off
11. I have two small jobs working for my uni this year
12. I seriously couldn’t care less about the iphone 6 and 6plus cooming out
13. I have to fall asleep listening to something
14. Some of my favourite bands are The Feeling, Imagine Dragons, The Beatles, McFly, The Smiths Train and Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers
15. Elton John – Tiny Dancer = best song to sing at the top of your lungs
16. First concert I every went to was Micheal Buble (oh so rock and roll I know)
17. The first concert I ever ask to go and see was S Club 7
18. This summer I saw Mcbusted and my brain exploded with happiness.
19. My favourite book is Pride and Predujice (FYI my granny was similar to Mrs Bennet)
20. Ice cream is my life.
21. I love disney movies
22. I sing along to songs all the time regardless of who I am with
23. I currently have a massive spot on my chin
24. I am in love
25. I can’t wait for some form of holiday next year
So in late June, my family and I went on holiday.
Itinerary for the week:
Valletta – Malta
Trapani – Sicily
Civitavecchia (Rome) – Italy
Sorrento – Italy
Messina – Malta
It was an amazing experience, the cruise ship itself was quite boring, with bingo and quiz nights, but they also had movies on in the cabins, and that was fun. I think the best bits were when we got off the ship everyday and explored the outside ahaaa. The sights were amazing and I would definitely go to Malta and Capri and Sicily again! Hopefully soon because they were so nice I felt like we needed to give it more time. The weather was great everyday and ahh I just love it all!
Apologies for not posting recently. Had a bit of a chaotic few weeks but things should hopefully be back to normal now as I have missing blogging to you lovely lot. I’m now back at university and actually living in my own house this year! It seems crazy that I now have to pay water bills and check the gas meter readings – i’m really not responsible enough!
But anyhoo – I thought I would tell you some of the key things I have bought with me this year to start off my second year of uni!
1. Clothes; a necessity. Of course the amount of clothes you deem a necessity is variable – my amount? A lot. Its a bit of a funny time of the year where you need sweaters but the other day I wore shorts. So a range of clothes is ideal (sorry dad about having you to haul my suitcase(s) up the stairs!)
2. Shoes; again the correct amount is your opinion. My boyfriend only owns 3 pairs of shoes whereas to uni I have brought 10. Posh shoes, posh heeled shoes, pumps, trainers, boots, heeled boots – you get the idea I just want to cover all of the bases.
3. Stationary; my favourite thing on this list tbh. Post it notes, note pads, pens, pencils but of course don’t bring too much – what is the freshers fair for?
4. Cooking equipment; I admit last year my cooking skills were nil. Appalling really. So this year is time to change and I have brought multiple pots, pans, plates and oven proof dishes and so far i’ve already made brownies and a pasta bake.
5. And finally, all the things I forgot; Passport, extension cord, food and my hairbrush (don’t ask how I even forgot that)
Happy second year!
- I am 5ft 9.5 Inches (the .5 counts)
- I like things organised
- I sometimes find it very difficult to get out of bed
- I love even numbers and dislike odd number
- Oddly enough, my favourite number is 5
- The average time I go to bed is around 2am
- Water is my favourite drink! But if we’re talking fizzy, then its Sprite
- Autumn/Winter are my favourite months
- I usually have long nails and I like that
- I have two sisters
- One of my dreams is to go backstage during London fashion week
- My main dream is to become a doctor/surgeon
- Hot chocolate is da bomb!
- I love singing and perform occasionally
- I love travelling
- My family and I are all very last minute
- If I had to live somewhere except England, I think it would be India (but only for like a year…), Italy or America
- I have a pile of books on my bedside table but rarely ever read them
- I have a book that I write in when I need to get things out of my head, when I’m upset, happy or if I just have something on my mind that I cant tell anyone or talking to about
- I am 20 years old
- I make really good cakes!
- Salt and vinegar crisp are also da bomb
- If something isn’t chilly enough I shake over some Tabasco chilly sauce (I have often thought of keeping a small bottle in my bag…)
- I am secretly Mary Poppins because I have everything in my bag
- Although pyjamas are the best, I love dressing really smart but never do
How is already September? It felt like May was just last week! Anyways, this is what I’ve loved in August.
The Body Shop – Tea Tree Toner
It’s really been nice to use on my face. I know its not this very product that determines my spot levels and although not a necessity, it’s been in my drawers and so I thought I’d get through it.
The Body Shop – Tea Tree Face Wash
So refreshing, you can really feel how it cleans. I like to use this at night because I like the fresh clean feeling before I go to sleep, knowing my face is free of the dirt build up during the day.
First Aid Beauty – Face Wash
This is so good! It doesn’t have a smell so it’s not going to be all up in your nose. It’s creamy and smooth, which is great for mornings.
L’Oreal – Volume Million Lashes (Extra Black)
This is the best mascara I have ever used. It curls, adds volume, and makes it look like I literally have a million lashes. I think the best thing is that it doesn’t clump up on your lashes, its super easy to take of but it’s so easy that it smudges if you rub your eye a bit. Its perfect
Nivea – Moisturiser
This is good. Its in my august favs really because I like the smell of Nivea products. But don’t take it in the way that it doesn’t do the job. it feels cooling on the skin which is nice after a hot shower and just keeps me feeling moisturised, smooth and smelling good.
Revlon – Vixen
When in doubt, use Revlon vixen. It’s my go to nail polish when I cant think of a colour to use. A basic deep red that I think everyone should have on hand (and nails). Its been doing in job in august by always being there for me, the multiple times I’ve needed it.
Food and Drink Favs
When I was younger, it was one of those things that I thought was just silly. Why have fizzy water that tastes of nothing when you can have Sprite and Coke… Well I now know that there are many reasons. It makes you feel so sophisticated when you drink it, its like “oh yes, sparkling water, yep, that’s what I’ll have…” You can imagine it, and it sounds great. There are other reasons like it’s good for you, proven to help lose weight, yada yada yada…
Goats Cheese and Spinach
I’ve never been crazy about a cheese but this month has been something new. I love goats cheese especially when its with spinach. Ive had pastry’s and pies, sandwiches and soups, all with goats cheese and I’ve really been enjoying it.
Kaava – Violin and Piano Cover
It’s an Indian song with violin and piano and the words taken out
Mast Magan – 2 States
Locha-E-Ulfat – 2 States
Two songs from an Indian movie, they have lyrics in Hindi and although some may not be able to understand them, it’s like a love song, really cute ones. Google the meanings if you really want to… Even though they’re Indian, I have been listening to them so much since I watched the movie, and it’s calming and just nice to listen to while blogging…
Zara Ballerina Pointed Metal Edged Flats – £15.99 (sale)
So me being me, when I see something I like, I will google and try my very best to find it, tell myself the price is reasonable (if it actually is) and buy it, so that I feel I have accomplished something.
So it began when i saw these shoes on the feet of an Instagramer
I googled, flats, pointed, metal cap, gold… everything my mind could think of
As soon as I pressed enter, the first link that pooped up was zara
It was a feeling very close to christmas as a child… how much does that say about me…
One thing led to another and they ended up on my feet… ahaa…
Side note: one thing I don’t like is the toe cleavage, urghh
On Sunday evening I invited my boyfriend round for dinner and I wanted to cook him dinner. Oh I feel so domestic.
Although, despite my couple of months learning different skills for cooking and baking (of which i’m very proud), I have discovered the biggest cheat of cooking which I am taking full advantage of. Ready-made. I don’t mean ready made meals (although they are GREAT for uni hehe). I mean ready made fish cakes that you just whack in the oven. Life saver. They taste great, are easy to cook and make me look like I’m an amazing chef.
But chummy, before you think I’m a total cheat, along with these fish cakes I have become more inventive, well sort of, with food too. Example from Sunday is Cheesy Potatoes. Ah man these tasted good. Squash new potatoes with a fork (just once) and smother with cheese then microwave it for 15 seconds. Trust me on this chum, It is like food of the Gods. Although anything with cheese is food of the Gods.
But I did burn the green beans by leaving them on the hob too long. They were more brown that green really. So don’t worry, the old Emilly hasn’t really gone.
So to conclude my Learning to Cook couple of months. I’ve learnt how to make cookies, that Nigella’s cooking time for my oven is different, wearing an apron makes all the difference, how to cut chicken correctly and that I still have so much left to learn!
The other day we, meaning chummy and I, made Peanut Butter Cookies for my boyfriend’s birthday. I have to say the end result was SUPER peanut-buttery but luckily my boyfriend is obsessed with the stuff and said they were great. He said that sincerely, I promise.
The ingredients, method and recipe was from http://www.nigella.com (found here: http://www.nigella.com/recipes/view/Gorgeously-Golden-Peanut-Butter-Cookies-5776)
But for those who can’t be bothered to click the link here are the ingredients we used. I had to switch from honey to golden syrup as I didn’t have any but It didn’t seem to make a difference.
– caster sugar
– plain flour
– light muscovado sugar
– barcarbonate of soda
– peanut butter
– golden syrup/honey
The method was really simple and easy to follow but the whole kitchen smelt of peanut butter so if you are adverse to the stuff, leave the house the day someone is making this.
After that I put them in the oven to cook. Now I don’t know if it was my oven but I left them in there longer than Nigella said to. Probably a bad thing, I mean I once forgot to put sugar in brownies, but I put a knife in them and they really were not cooked. But they didn’t burn and they tasted okay. I then put a chocolate frosting on top with icing sugar, nutella and coco power and finished it off with sprinkles. Ta Daaaa!
Banana Egg Pancake
Since i’m trying to reduce the amount of bread and milk I have, I thought I would give this recipe a go.
– 1 mashed banana
– 1 egg
Mash the banana, add in the egg, mix, cook, top with toppings and munch!
The good thing about this is that it doesn’t taste like an omelette or eggy, and it doesn’t taste like bananas either, it just tastes good… especially with a cuppa tea!
During the past couple of weeks I have learnt a few new skills to do with Cooking which I feel make me look more professional in the kitchen despite the fact that in reality I’m still pretty close to my cooking knowledge before. My boyfriend will still only let my be in charge of stirring when we have cooked dinner. I’m still a long way off from being trusted with a knife if he has anything to say about it. One day…
1. Wear an apron. Sounds simple but an apron (no stupid puffy hats) with a few flour marks and a confident smile makes you look like a proper chef in the kitchen when friends come over.
2. When cutting chicken place the point of the knife just above the top of the meat on a chopping board, placing fingers either side of the meat with the knife over the middle of the chicken (fingers over knife just to clarify) and slice downwards in a confident (yet slowish) motion. This leaves straight bits of chicken and fingers are safely avoiding the knife.
3. If you are unsure on the seasoning front – don’t put nothing in the dish. Go with the mixed herbs jar.
4. Doing fancy icing on a cake requires time. Do not leave this 5 minutes before guests arrive. Practice the day before or if, like me you, don’t want to waste icing draw out templates on grease proof paper and then cut ready roll icing from those shapes.
5. The art of chopping vegetables fast is tricky. First rule is to fold back the first bit of your fingers (where your nails are) and hold the vegetable to try and limit fingers being chopped off (that wouldn’t be good). Second rule, start off r-eee-aa-l-l-y slowly and practice over time. I get bored of practicing but it will be worth it in the end!
Hope your cooking is going okay!