I never thought I could make risotto but look at this, a blog post on how I made risotto!
- Firstly gently fry some onions and once browned add in the mushrooms.
- Once the mushrooms have softened slightly (not too much as they will still be cooking) add in the rice
- Add 2 stock cubes with hot water to fill a jug
- Around half a cup at a time, add the stock to the rice mushroom mix
- Continuously stir – don’t even think about stopping unless you want some lumpy rice mmm
- I added tomatoes just before the last batch of water
- Once all the stock water has been used and you’ve had a cheeky taste to make sure it’s cooked, add in the spinach
- Mix mix mix
- Add any cheese of your choosing – I chose Brie but I think parmesan would be good too (the brie was slightly overpowering)
- Mix once more and serve!
Disclaimer – this recipe is from http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/3245/mushroom-and-spinach-risotto but I did add my twist on it.