This may not be the most amazing topic, but its something a lot of people have to deal with, including me.
Trousers worn in all – black treggings – M&S
Shoes most likely worn: http://www.johnlewis.com/clarks-orinoco-club-leather-ankle-boots/p1421668
Coat most likely worn: Navy blue coat from Monsoon – few years ago
Emphasis on “most worn” – I did wear other clothes, I assure you.
I thought for today that I would discuss some of my top beauty essentials that everyone should just keep in their cupboards for ‘just-in-cases’!
First up is eye makeup remover – as you saw last Monday this is vital for eye makeup gone wrong and for when you are super tired and want to collapse on the bed as soon as you can. The one I highly recommend in the Nivia Visage Gentle Waterproof eye makeup remover.
Second is nail polish remover – an explanation is not required for this although I would recommend one that nourishes the nails when you take the polish off. I recommend Sally Hansen regular nail polish remover which has lots of vitamins and it works great for even glittery nail polishes.
Third is perfume – this is a recent thing for me but I feel like if you are having an evening out if I’m not sure of an outfit I have found that perfume makes me revaluate the outfit in a new positive light! I love the Jack Wills perfume called English Velvet and the Zara Women L’eau perfume (I love the fragrance that Hannah got me for my birthday 😀 )
Forth is leave in conditioner – not for all hair types I think but for mine it is as precious as gold and diamonds; I have super tanglely hair and without this stuff I think my hair would never be brushed through and would be forever knotted. I recommend the Boots Sun, Swim and Gym leave in conditioner for all hair types – smells a bit weird but works wonders!
And last but by no means least is face wipes – because although we all know cleansing and moisturising and all that faff is super-duper important sometimes we just can’t be bothered.
Peace out chum!
So I did a little mid week shop, oops, and bought some things that I had been eyeing up for a long time. It ties in with the make up month but I wanted to move on from that and not drag it on, so im doing a mid week post.
Maybelline’s – gel eyeliner (black)
Rimmel – colour rush (not an illusion) Rimmel – lip stick (drop of sherry)
Then I decided to test out my new things
Rimmel – stay matte –transparent
Retails at: £3.99 – Boots
Real techniques – kabuki brush
Retails at: £6.00 – Feel Unique
Maybelline – define a lash
Retails at: £14.45 (Tesco) –apparently discontinued
Model co – kitty
Retails at: £6.50 – Birchbox
Benefit – pore fessional
Retails at: £24.50 – Boots
Rimmel – glam eyes eye liner
Retails at: £5.29 – Boots
NYC – eye lash curlers
Retails at: £5.99 – Ebay (I bought mine agesss ago, not from ebay)
Mascara is the thing I will put on if I feel I need to make an effort, but not as far as eyeliner. That’s if I really want to make an effort..
Without further ado, my favourites:
Rimmel – Day 2 Night
Firstly, if I were to repurchase this I would get the waterproof one. This reason is because by the time I get home after a long day, I have specks of it under my eyes as it has flaked off and just fallen. Now not everyone in this world is as kind as you hope they are and even people you know don’t tell you that there are specks of mascara on your face that have crumbled off your eye lashes.
Apart from this – I love this mascara. The hold and curl that it gives the lashes before it flakes off is amazing. I don’t use the volume side as much as I find it is a little too clumpy, I like the length brush though and find it works better when there is less product on the brush (the volume side leaves too much on the brush)
I would just like to point out that on a normal day it does not flake (e.g. 7am-9pm) however my days are sometimes very early and end late (e.g. 6am-2am). Because of this, I look for VERY good mascaras.
Retails at: £7.99 (Boots)
Maybelline – Define A Lash
This I took from my sister… umm its good, but I would say it’s more on the heavier and volumised end of the spectrum. Unlike the Rimmel one though, there are nooooo flakes, which gives this a thumbs up. Its good at defining lashes, as it says in the name. One disadvantage for me would be that the brush picks up a lot of product and because it has a plastic brush, the product cannot be easily wiped on to the side (does anyone else do that… or is it just me.. awks)
Retails at: £14.45 (Tesco) – apparently discontinued
Natural Collection – Length
This is more of a liquid formulated mascara and me being me, I prefer mascaras which are a bit on the drier side (not completely shrivelled up, but also not too watery). The reason I have still added this to my favourite mascaras though is because when this does dry up a bit, I’m ganna give it a month or two, I can tell its going to be amazing and will work just as I want it to.
Retails at: £1.99 (Boots)
Rimmel – Lash Accelerator
I forgot to take a picture of this as it was in my bag, but none the less. It’s a great mascara, no flakes, perfect consistency, good lash curl hold and is just an easy going mascara. It pains me that I forgot about it, but I had to include it in the blog, picture or no picture. It’s the best!
Retails at: £7.99 (Boots)
Why hello there chum!
Look this one is on time!!! :O shocker I know! I think its because my day has been pretty chilled to be honest. I got up relatively early and went to a lecture about….. efficiency and sustainability I think, whoops that went in didn’t it? Then had a lovely long break chatting to friends and had a cookie and a hot chocolate.. and then we went for afternoon tea! Then went to yoga so feel all de-stressed and lovely 🙂
The main topic of my blog today is basically being as lovely as possible on the fewest amount of pounds spent! Which as students I feel is exceptionally important! I have come up with a couple of ideas but would love to know if you can think of anything else 😀
1. The Heaven that is Lush; Lush are more than willing to give away freebies of any product except the soaps (as we both well know) and this should be a student’s first port of call for a face mask, cuticle cream or face wash! I love lush and its ethos however my face doesn’t like the face masks much to my disappointment! However the 99p ones in boots are FANTASTIC
2. Free Samples; Lets face it we always go back and walk past the person twice – even my mum does it (they were giving out galaxy bars down oxford street – another reason why London is the best) – and I have got two benefit products to try; Total Moisture Facial cream and Its Potent! Eye Cream which I cannot wait to try! Also if we are going un-beauty related – at uni we had a careers fair on Saturday – even if I have a career plan later in life I am going for the free food, the pens, bags, pencils, usb sticks and highlighters!!
3. Presents! Gotta love christmas, birthdays or surprises really. For christmas I was lucky enough to receive Eau De Toilette Cherry Blossom by L’Occitane (i mean how do you say this brand?!) and I class this as my first beauty grown up present. It smells gorgeous and I also have the body lotion and hand cream so right now I smell all springy 🙂
4. Department stores; trying on dresses, how do we not do this everyday? £100 is too much for a dress right now, but trying on is free if you are having an awful day
5. Boots and Superdrug cards; buying stuff from points earned in either of these shops is highly satisfying, and getting a free coffee at McDonald’s or my personal favourite, £10 off at Waterstones when you have 10 stamps! (Although if you want a free book libraries have tons) However, the other thing that Boots does is the vouchers for double points and other offers. One off they had was for a free moisturiser – CHUM ITS AMAZING! Its called Boots shine control day moisturiser with tea tree and witch hazel. Its perfect for my skin; the consistency is a little bit gloopy but it makes my skin so soft and I shall be repurchasing this when i run out, but I think its only £1.99 normally so it won’t even break the bank! I also found that compared to primers while i was reviewing primers a couple of weeks ago that a combination of a primer and moisturiser works best for a night out however for day to day wear – this moisturiser is perfect and literally takes 10 seconds – perfect for my ‘can’t be bothered’ attitude.
6. Rediscovering old favourites; i love when this happens and it isn’t really shopping but its still a change from the norm so thought i would throw this in! My recent rediscovery is the Jack Wills hand and nail cream. A little pricey but i’ve had this for a while now (i found it on my shelf back home during Christmas break) and I haven’t even got half way through the jar! It smells amazing and every time I go past it now i have to put some on
7. Sale shopping; and last but not least the best of the best! I went to Claire’s Accessories the other day (strange being there, it hasn’t changed since I was 13 and I probably haven’t set foot in a Claires since i was 15) but everything was £1 and it was buy one get one free. Needless to say I bought many hairbands, hair grips and other assortments for only £2! Oooh i felt good that day, don’t you find sale shopping puts a spring in your step?
Anyway that’s all from me this week chum, I hope you are okay and travel packing isn’t too stressful (have you even started since we last spoke?) chat soon! Em x