Glad you’re back, I was getting lonely. Today I was on the bus chatting with my lovely friend Lauren and we were chatting about how much things have changed from a year or two ago. Its crazy how much my life has changed in such a short space of time and none of it I saw coming.
Which not gunna lie, terrifies me slightly.
However, we were on the bus to see Brit Floyd (who were great btw) and while they were playing I saw a couple standing next to us and they were probably my age when this particular song came out. When they recognized it they counted down till the band started singing the lyrics together. It was adorable! And it just happily reminded me that although things change, the important things stay the same – even over a 30 year period.
When you are reading this I will have finished my first year of University Education. Crazy to think that really. I mean looking back over the year so much has happened and yet it seems like only days now. Freaky.
This year has been the worst year of my life, with the return of maths, homesickness and dealing with loud drunk people while trying to sleep on a weekly basis.
This has also been the best year of my life so far. I have made amazing friends who I will keep forever, I have learnt so much about topics I never knew I found interesting, I conquered fears and learnt so much about myself making me feel more confident and happier then I have been in a long time. Therefore I thought it only fitting for me to share the top 10 ways I think how I have changed over this chaotic, crazy and brilliant year.
- I eat cereals out of a mug if all my bowls are dirty
- My organisation has got so much better… and so much worse
- My attitude to maths has got much healthier
- I can get ready in 3 minutes. Well the ‘late for a lecture’ look anyway
- I’m not adverse to tattoos (unless they are ridiculously stupid)
- I don’t worry and stress so much (thank goodness!)
- I can actually pack light. Its like Tetris in my mind now.
- I understand the importance of interest on my savings account
- I have developed an unhealthy obsession with potato salad
- I am happy with myself inside and out… Mostly I’m not perfect okay?
Thanks for being there for me Chum throughout this crazy year. Bring on the next one!